Paddle ceiling fans are a great way to keep you cool while saving energy. They’re available in a range of styles and finishes to suit any décor.
To install a ceiling fan in your home:
- Turn off the power to the existing light fixture at the circuit breaker box.
- Remove the old light fixture by taking off the globe, removing the light bulbs, loosening the screws that hold the fixture in place, and detaching the electrical wires.
- Double check the wires with an electrical tester to make sure there is no current in the wires.
- If needed, reinforce the electrical box in the ceiling so it will support the extra weight and movement of the fan.
- Assemble your ceiling fan, following the directions that came with it.
- Determine whether the ceiling fan and light will be controlled by a single switch or separate switches.
- Follow the wiring diagram included in the instructions to attach the electrical wires to the fan, making sure the wire nuts connecting the wires are secure.
- Hang the fan motor on the ceiling.
- Assemble the fan blades and attach them to the motor.
- Attach the light kit, globs, and bulbs to the fan.
- Turn on circuit breaker and test fan, light, and switch.
Watch this video to find out more.