Giving your kitchen a facelift is a do-it-yourself project that’s much less expensive than undertaking a major kitchen renovation. Here’s how to go about a kitchen facelift:
- Cabinets: Replacing the doors and drawer fronts on your cabinets can be much less expensive and more DIY friendly than starting from scratch with all new cabinets.
- Countertops: Consider faux granite plastic laminate countertops instead of real stone. Installation of plastic laminate countertops is easier than granite and costs less than half as much.
- Sink and Faucet: When replacing your countertops, install a new sink and faucet as well, since you’ll have to remove them for installation anyway.
- How to Remodel a Kitchen on a Budget (video)
- How to Buy Kitchen Cabinets on a Budget (video)
- How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets (article)
- How to Choose Kitchen Countertops (video)