Ceilings fans that wobble are not only annoying but can be dangerous. The wobble may also decrease the life of the fan. Here are some causes and solutions to this problem:
- Check to see if the screws connecting the fan to the electrical box are tight.
- Check and tighten all of the screws on the fan.
- Check and tighten all of the screws on the blades and mounting brackets.
- Use a yardstick and measure the blades from the ceiling to check for warped blades and replace if needed.
- If your ceiling fan still wobbles, balance the blades using a blade balancing kit available at home centers.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Installing a Paddle Ceiling Fan (video)
- How to Stop Wobble and Vibration in a Paddle Ceiling Fan (article)
- How to Control a Ceiling Fan Without a Wall Switch (article)
- How to Repair and Replace a Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Switch (article)
- How to Use a Ceiling Fan Properly (article)