If you’re like most gardeners, you’re sure to have bags of leftover seeds lying around. To find out if the seeds are still able to grow, pour the seeds into a container full of water and allow them to sit overnight.
The seeds that are still able to germinate will sink to the bottom of the container while the bad seeds will remain floating on top. Scoop the bad seeds off the top of the water, and plant the seeds on the bottom as soon as possible.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Test Seeds for Germination Before Planting (article)
- How to Make Seed Tapes (video)
- How to Plant Small Seeds in Your Garden (video)
- How to Quickly Space Seeds in Your Garden (video)
- How to Use Your Finger to Plant Seeds at the Proper Depth (video)