Here are a few ideas to help you live a greener lifestyle in your home:
- Turn off the water when you brush your teeth to save up to 8 gallons a day.
- Install low-flow showerheads to save up to 12 gallons of water per shower.
- Replace conventional toilets with high efficiency models that use 60% less water.
- Install durable countertops made from recycled glass.
- Purchase Energy Star approved appliances for your kitchen.
- Consider sustainable bamboo for flooring and cabinets.
- Buy eco-friendly furniture like that made by Lee Industries.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Water Conservation in the Home (article)
- Green Products for Your Home (video/article)
- Environmentally Friendly Furnishings for Your Home (video)
- Sustainable Flooring: Bamboo and Cork (article)