Large gates often require large hardware to give them the tension needed to prevent sagging but the hardware needed is often hard to come by. Provide the necessary tension with your own hardware.
- First, take a piece of electrical conduit large enough for your gate.
- lay it on a 2×4 and flatten the ends with a hammer.
- Pre-drill a couple of holes in the flattened ends for the screws that will later secure the hardware.
- Use galvanized screws to secure one end of the conduit, check for level and secure the other end.
- Before hanging the hardware, we chose to paint it black.
Watch this video to find out more.