Using a bathroom vent fan that’s vented to the outside is important to remove moist, humid air and odors.
Now you can replace your old, noisy, inefficient bath vent fan with a quiet, new fan in minutes using a bath fan upgrade kit, such as those made by Broan-NuTone.
To install a bathroom vent fan upgrade kit:
- Remove the fan cover on the existing bathroom fan.
- Unplug and remove the old mounting plate and fan motor.
- Vacuum out the old housing enclosure to remove any dust.
- Match the mounting plate in the kit to the old one.
- Attach the new fan motor to the new mounting plate.
- Install the new fan motor and mounting plate in the old housing.
- Plug the new fan motor into the housing enclosure.
- Replace the fan cover grill with the new one from the kit.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Where and How to Install a Bathroom Vent Fan (article)
- Replacing a Bathroom Exhaust Vent Fan (video)
- How to Maintain a Bathroom Vent Fan (video)
- Bathroom Vent Fan CFM Calculator (article)
Bathroom vent fans often don’t get used because they’re old and noisy, so the increased moisture leads to mold and mildew. A bath fan upgrade kit allows you to replace the fan motor assembly without removing the old enclosure.
Just match one of the kit’s mounting plates with your enclosure, attach the fan motor assembly to it, and snap it in place. There’s even a new grill to give it a fresh look. Plus you’ll reduce the fan noise by half and increase air flow by up to 20 percent.
This tip brought to you by Broan-NuTone: bringing fresh ideas home.