To increase the storage space in your kitchen cabinets and make items easier to find, consider these simple DIY projects:
- Spice Shelf: Make a narrow (2½” wide) spice shelf from wood with a support underneath, and attach it to the inside of a kitchen hanging cabinet.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Make a Kitchen Cabinet Door Rack (video)
- How to Make a Kitchen Cabinet Pot Lid Rack (video)
- How to Make a Curtain Rod Spice Rack (video)
- How to Organize Kitchen Cabinet Storage (video)
To maximize storage in a small kitchen start with the little things. Make a cookie sheet rack by mounting two towel bars on the inside of a base cabinet door with a small shelf between them to support the pans. Just be sure the mounting screws don’t protrude through the front of the cabinet door.
For wall cabinets you can create some handy spice storage around the perimeter of a cabinet on a small shelf made from one by three stock to make more space for dishes.