This garden arbor with swing is made from pressure treated lumber and fastened with galvanized nails. Here’s how to build an arbor in your backyard:
- Dig the holes and set the 4”x 4” posts in the ground.
- Level the structure and secure it in place.
- Fill the holes with concrete and allow it to set.
- Attach 2”x 12” boards to the front and back with an inverted bevel cut at each end.
- Make matching cuts in the 2”x 6” rafters and toenail them in place.
- Add a trellis, made from 1” treated stock, to each end of the arbor. Treated lattice can be used as well.
- Hang a swing from the rafters for a perfect backyard retreat.
Watch this video to find out more.