Here’s how to create an easy workbench for an open stud wall in a garage or shop:
- Cut two 1x4s and a one 2×4 for each diagonal brace.
- Join each set of the three pieces of wood together with drywall screws.
- Slip each brace around an exposed stud and attach it to the stud with drywall screws.
- Attach the bottom of each diagonal brace to the stud with a drywall screw.
- Cut a piece of 3/4″ plywood for the top, and notch it to fit around each stud.
For detailed plans of a similar workbench, see our article on How to Build a Built-in Garage Workbench.