The old wood deck on our First Time Homeowner house was in poor condition, so we removed it. The new deck was centered over the back door, with one corner of the deck cut off at a 45-degree angle to provide enough room between the deck and garage.
The pressure treated post foundation for the deck was set in Quikrete concrete, and the pine deck boards were secured using the CAMO Hidden Deck Fastening System, so the screws are not visible in the top of the decking. Watch this video to find out more.
- Choosing Between Composite and Wood Decking (video)
- How to Build a Deck Foundation (video)
- How to Install Deck Boards (video)
- How to Build Deck Stairs (video)
- How to Build Deck Handrails (video)