In recent years, innovations in plastic decking materials have made dramatic improvements over traditional wood decking. Known as composite decking, this durable and attractive material looks like wood, but it’s actually made from a combination of wood and plastic.
Plastic composite decking is becoming increasingly popular with homeowners for a number of reasons including:
- Resists warping, splintering, cracking, rotting, and sun damage better than wood.
- Attractive prefinished appearance that goes all the way through the material.
- Low maintenance, doesn’t need periodic refinishing like wood.
- Can be made from recycled materials.
- Easy to cut and install.
- Less expensive than wood decking over time due to lower maintenance costs.
Watch this video to find out more.