Soaker hoses are easy to install and use in your garden and have several advantages over sprinklers or irrigation systems:
- Soaker hoses release water very slowly, allowing the water to soak deeply into the soil.
- Soaker hoses don’t wet the leaves of plants which can cause problems in some species.
- Soaker hoses can be hidden from site beneath the mulch in your garden, making them very unobtrusive.
- Soaker hoses can be hooked up to a garden timer that will turn the hose on and off as needed.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Drip Irrigation Conserves Water (video)
- Water Saving Gadgets for Your Lawn or Garden (article)
- Tips for Conserving Water in Your Lawn or Garden (video)
- How to Repair a Broken Garden Hose (article)