Tips for Replacing Damaged Vertical Siding

Here’s a question from our 6/29/2019 Today’s Homeowner Radio Show.

Mark from Pennsylvania says, “I have a wood siding panel shed. It’s the type that is about 6 inches, then a groove then 6 inches, looking like it comes in 4×8 sheets.

The bottom near the ground is splitting and coming apart, seemingly having moisture come up. It is not against the ground but it is still split. What is the best way to repair or replace just the 1-foot section affected?”

We tell Mark he needs to cut out the damaged portion of the siding then put in AZEK or plastic siding.

Listen above for the segment!

Read the blog from the June 29 show and listen to the full broadcast here


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here