I always love adding wood tones to a room, so for our dining room, we put these easy-to-install planks on the ceiling!
WOODHAVEN Bamboo Planks
- They have a beveled tongue and groove edge that allows them to click together. And since they come pre-finished, once it’s on the ceiling, no more work is needed! I loved that they can easily cover ugly popcorn texture or plaster without removing it first. WOODHAVEN Planks are available in 16 different finishes, although certain finishes are currently out of stock. Check out www.ceilings.com for updates.
Being in the South, the most important decision we could make for our house was which HVAC unit would keep our family comfortable year around!
- AccuComfort Platinum 20 Heat Pump
We went with a 20-SEER rating unit from the AccuComfort ™ line. We love the variable-speed air conditioner that works smarter to lower energy costs. It also has Enhanced Humidity Control.
- Forefront Platinum TAM9
This air handler communicates and coordinates with our heat pump and allows remote monitoring and programming by phone. And the unique cabinet for this air handler allows less moisture and fewer dust particles to be drawn in from the garage where it’s located which means less energy loss and virtually no condensation. - AccuClean Whole-Home Air Cleaner o Replaces the need for typical pleated air filters and removes up to 99.98 percent of allergens while catching particles down to .1 micron in size. It is eight times more effective than the best HEPA room appliance, and 100 times more effective than a standard one-inch throwaway filter or ionic-type room appliance.
- Acculink Platinum 1050 Control
Features a Touch-Screen Thermostat with Built-in Z-Wave® Bridge. It has a 7" color touchscreen and the ability to create up to four daily heating and cooling schedules, plus features a built-in humidity sensor.
Chelsea knew she needed to update the windows in her home not only for aesthetics, but energy efficiency as well. These vinyl windows from JELD-WEN were just what she needed.
Premium™ Atlantic Vinyl (V-4500) Windows
- Available in 11 models, these exceptional vinyl windows deliver timeless style, affordable luxury, and premium performance, perfect for both new construction and replacement.
- The Premium™ Vinyl (V-4500) Windows come in 3 interior colors, 5 exterior colors and 2 insect screen options.
- They also feature energy efficient, tinted, textured and protective glass, plus Grilles Between the Glass (GBG) or Simulated Divided Lites (SDL) and 7 hardware finish options.
The insulation throughout our house was practically nonexistent! Fortunately that was an easy decision and an easy fix!
- This is a stone wool insulation for use in wood and steel framing. The semi-rigid batts have a unique flexible edge designed to compress as the batt is inserted any exterior wall, including the attic and floor frames in our crawlspace.
- This insulation is easy to cut, non-combustible and helps to maintain a consistent indoor temperature. Better for you and the environment.
- It does not absorb moisture so it’s water and moisture resistant!
- We used this soundproof stone wool inside the walls opened up during our hall bathroom renovation.
- It’s fire resistant and has excellent sound absorbency which is why we choose it for our bathroom-the adjacent rooms don’t have to hear the running water!
- But the best part…it does not rot or promote the growth of fungi or mildew – perfect for a bathroom with lots of moisture!
We wanted our hall bathroom to be stylish for guests yet practical for its main users, our 3 small kids!
Torrone Marble Wetwall Panels
- This is a water-proof wall system that looks like marble! So you get high-end style without demoing what you’ve already got. The easy-to-install system can be applied directly over gypsum board, green board and fiberboard. It can even be installed over existing tile!
- It is a tongue-and-groove system, so a DIYer can install it around the tub in as little as 2.5 hours. We used it as the wall around the entire bathroom, but it can also be used as wainscoting, backsplash, shelving or a shower bench.
- All you need is soap and a damp cloth to clean it. And the antimicrobial protection and AEON™ Enhanced Scratch & Scuff-Resistant Performance Technology make it extremely durable.
- We chose a stone pattern but there are also neutrals and woodgrain options available!