Shrubs and Trees
- Container grown trees and shrubs can be planted now.
- Remove any dead shrubs and trees.
- Transplant trees and shrubs after the leaves begin to turn.
- Clean up fallen fruit to deter pests and disease.
- Address diseases now. Remove and destroy (do not compost) unhealthy leaves and branches after treating.
- Remove spent blooms, but don’t do any heavy pruning that would encourage new growth which would be killed by the first frost.
- Hold off on fertilizing trees and shrubs to allow them to harden before winter.