Follow these basic steps when replacing the roof on your home:
- Remove all the old roofing material and underlayment so the decking can be inspected for rot or other damage.
- Repair or replace any rotten or damaged sections of decking on the roof.
- Install new underlayment as recommended by the roofing manufacturer so it will meet the roof warranty guidelines.
- Install the new roofing, paying particular attention to valleys and flashing to prevent costly leaks.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Choose a Roof for Your Home (article)
- How to Hire a Roofer for Your Home (article)
- How to Clean and Inspect Your Roof (video)
- How to Repair the Roof on Your Home (video)
Comments are closed.