In this special Christmas episode, we’re playing back some of our favorite segments from the past year, as well as sharing some of our holiday traditions and memories.
Tune in to hear:
- Dealing with condensation on windows
- How to make your driveway slip-resistant
- Getting rid of cigarette smoke odor
- Our winter home maintenance tips, sponsored by The Home Depot
- How to waterproof a basement
- How to protect your cabinet under a kitchen sink
- Solutions to a sinkhole problem
- Tips for increasing water pressure
- The proper way to store gasoline for a generator
- Danny shares his special Christmas gift tradition
Best New Product
|LG’s new Smart Slide-In Gas Range with ProBake Convection & Air Sous Vide is the perfect oven for meal preppers and meal subscription recipients. Learn more >>|
How to Stack Firewood for Optimal Seasoning — Most people place firewood in one row, all the way across, and they work their way up with the same pattern. Now, there’s nothing particularly wrong with that method.
But if you want to know how to stack firewood so it’s as ready as it’s going to be for burning in your fireplace, then you’ll need to learn some new tricks.
You should stack the wood in alternating courses — that is, in opposite directions, row by row — and you continue that pattern. This way, there’s much more space for the air to circulate.
Make a DIY Christmas Tree From an Old Wooden Pallet — Here’s how to make a DIY Christmas tree from an old wooden pallet:
- Mark two diagonal lines from the top of the pallet to the second to the last slat on each side.
- Use a circular saw to cut along the lines.
- Pry off the slats on the back.
- Cut four pieces of wood to make a simple base.
- Paint it green and decorate with lights, garland and Christmas ornaments.