Sometimes, you have an idea for improving your home, but you’re not sure about the next steps. This also applies to everyday maintenance.
For instance, you’re sick of looking at dated wallpaper and wonder if you can just paint over it. Or you pull up an area rug and notice that your wood floor is faded.
Maybe you’ve spotted mice in the house and want to place traps, but you’re not sure about the best locations for them. Or you start to walk upstairs and notice the handrail and newel post have loosened.
We’re talking about these topics and more on this week’s Today’s Homeowner Radio Show. So, jump to the segment you’d like to learn about below, or download the whole show!
- [16:55] Can you just paint over wallpaper?
- [22:27] What to do about faded wood floors
- [28:24] Best New Product: Ryobi 40V Jet Fan Blower
- [29:53] Chelsea talks about remodeling her 1959 ranch-style house, and creating a screen for her outside A/C unit.
- [39:44] Hardwood flooring or luxury vinyl planks — our recommendation
- [50:31] Simple Solution: 5 Tips for Planting Trees
- [55:48] What is the best placement for mouse traps?
- [58:41] What to do about a water heater’s loud hum
- [59:20] The easy fix for a loose handrail and newel post
- [1:03:11] The lowest temperature in which to paint wood siding
- [1:10:00] How to remove mold and mildew from vinyl porch posts
- [1:22:11] The best way to get rid of poison ivy — permanently
- [1:26:59] Can we refinish a shower stall, or does it have to be replaced?
- Integrity Coatings
- Ortho GroundClear Vegetation Killer Concentrate
- OxiClean Stain Remover
- Quikrete Concrete Repair
- RMR Instant Mold Stain Remover
- Zinsser SureGrip All-Purpose Adhesive
Best New Product
|Ryobi’s 40V Jet Fan Blower offers gas-like power and makes yard work much more efficient in the fall. Learn more>>|