Nothing in life is certain except for death and taxes — that’s a popular quote, but there’s actually a third thing that you can count on: stains!
Whether you’ve got carpet, a wood deck or even just a cream-colored suit, expect to do a lot of cleaning. Because accidents are a part of life, and something’s gonna end up on that carpet, leaves are gonna pile up and stain that deck and, if you’re like my wife Sharon, tomato juice is gonna land on that beautiful suit.
Fortunately for you, we’ll talk about how to remove all these stains — along with so much more — in this episode of the Today’s Homeowner Radio Show!
Around the Yard: A fire pit is a good fit for a paver patio because there’s no concern about overheating the surface beneath the pit.
But it’s not a good idea to build a stone firepit on top of a paver patio — listen to learn why, and what you can do about it.
- [04:41] Carpet cleaning tips you may not know
- [08:45] How to remove tomato juice stains from suits
- [16:16] How to remove leaf stains from a wood deck
- [20:33] Tips to fix a slow-draining sink
- [28:26] Best New Product: Ryobi’s Cordless Backpack Leaf Blower
- [30:40] Smoke detectors’ latest innovations
- [41:36] Tips to replace a shower grab bar
- [50:29] Simple Solution: The best way to paint louvered doors and shutters
- [56:26] Granite loses shine after encountering Lime-A-Way
- [58:42] Can you install hardwood over a vinyl floor?
- [59:44] Tips to remove cat odors from building
- [01:10:02] How to remove layers of paint from wood flooring
- [01:22:33] Remodeling tips for a worn-out bathroom
- [01:33:11] Around the Yard: How to build a fire pit into pavers
- [01:35:53] All about venting fumes from cleaning products
- [01:37:31] Wood behind gutters is rotting — what next?
- [01:44:17] Simple Solution: How to trim last row of floor tile
Best New Product
|Ryobi’s 40-volt backpack leaf blower packs the performance of a gas-powered tool with the convenience of battery power. Learn more>>|
Other Products and Links Mentioned
- First Alert
- Pavestone pavers
- Quikrete Advanced Polymer Construction Adhesive
- Simple Solutions
- Innovative Home Solutions for Aging in Place
- How to Install Smoke Alarms in Your Home
- 3 Smoke Detectors and How They Work
- 5 Ways to Enhance Your Home’s Walls
- Tools for Sanding Wood Floors