Home improvements often focus on major upgrades, but sometimes all it takes is a little maintenance to make life more enjoyable.
And instead of adding something, that means taking away something.
How can you remove blood stains from the carpet? What’s the solution for black film on the walls? And what’s the best way to neutralize smoking odors?
Around the yard, you may have concerns about standing water and wonder about drainage solutions. Lounging on the deck may be uncomfortable due to harsh sunlight that you’d like to block. And you may wonder whether replacing windows can reduce noise both ways.
We’ll talk about all these topics and more on this week’s episode of the Today’s Homeowner Radio Show.
- [06:11] Trends in home improvement: from outdoor cooking systems to secure package boxes
- [16:57] How to muffle a loud heat pump
- [28:25] Best New Product: Nexgrill 5-Burner Gas Grill with Side Burner
- [31:12] Affordable solutions to humidity under a house
- [41:14] Tips for DIY pest control
- [50:46] Simple Solution: How to keep eyeglasses from fogging up while wearing a mask
- [56:05] Affordable ways to fix up a rental house
- [58:24] Low-maintenance replacements for front porch railings
- [59:10] Tips for raising a ceiling
- [1:00:45] How to deal with smoking-related odors
- [1:03:20] A creative way to block the sun from a deck
- [1:09:35] New windows’ impact on noise reduction — and insulation concerns
- [1:14:20] How to remove blood stains from carpet
- [1:16:31] How to discourage dogs from chewing weatherstripping
- [1:23:42] UV lights in A/C systems: do they work?
- [1:27:30] Water’s piling up outside — could a French drain help?
- [1:35:12] What to do about black film on the wall
- [1:43:33] Simple Solution: How to make a drip-irrigation system out of a soda bottle
Best New Product
|The Nexgrill 5-Burner Gas Grill with Side Burner is crafted from polished stainless steel and porcelain-coated steel materials. Learn more>>|
Other Products and Links Mentioned
- Home Depot
- Kilz Restoration Primer
- Filtrete electrostatic / charcoal filters
- How to Retrofit Drywall to Soundproof Rooms
- How to Reduce Mold and Moisture Under Your Home
- How to Keep Insect Pests Out of Your Home