Are you wanting to restore and seal your open porch? Do you know what materials you need to do this? What about a process or technique?
Do you have a flat-roof house? If so, do you have a flooding issue from frequent drain clogs?
We’ll cover these topics, and the ones below, on this episode of the Today’s Homeowner Radio Show!
- Fire safety products available at The Home Depot
- Finishing a concrete basement floor
- Simple Solution: How to find the center of a board with a jig
- Make your concrete carport slip resistant
- Recommended adhesives — specifically for repairing a dishwasher
- Fire pit burner trays and pans
- To use or not to use a powered roof vent in your garage
- An update on Chelsea’s Ranch Revival
- Tips for painting a bathtub
- Removing leftover deck paint without damaging a concrete patio
- Installing a shade for a patio covered by a slanted roof
- Recommendations for removing mice from your garage
- Products to keep frogs and geckos out of your home
- Simple Solution: Using a mailbox as tool storage
Listen to the Today’s Homeowner Radio Show for more home improvement tips!
In the Aisles of The Home Depot
Fire safety is so important to all of us at Today’s Homeowner and our friends at The Home Depot. We caught up with our friend Danny Watson to provide our viewers with some products to make their homes a little safer.
Safety is a number one priority and your first line of defense is having a smoke detector in your home. Kidde offers a battery-powered smoke detector with a 10-year lithium battery designed to last its entire life. When it comes time to replace — replace the entire smoke detector, don’t just change the batteries.
In addition, a fire extinguisher is great to have in your home. You can pick up a multi-purpose fire extinguisher at The Home Depot. It’s important to keep one in the main areas of your home. For instance, the kitchen, garage, basement — on any level of your home. This will help stop a small fire or at least clear a path to get out safely.
Always remember the acronym to help with a fire extinguisher! P-A-S-S.
- P: Pull the pin.
- A: Aim the nozzle toward the base of the fire.
- S: Squeeze the lever slowly.
- S: Sweep the nozzle from side to side.
And, have a plan in place to get you and your family out safe. Better to be prepared than unprepared!
It’s a great time to head out to The Home Depot to make things a little safer for your home!
Best New Product
|The new KitchenAid Tall Tub Dishwasher will hold more dirty dishes with fewer loads. Learn more>>|
Other Products and Links Mentioned
- The Home Depot
- Tracsafe Anti-Slip Sealer
- Goof Off Professional Strength Multi-Surface Remover
- Krud Kutter Concentrate Cleaner/Degreaser