Here are some of the highlights from the September 28, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Actor and green living advocate Ed Begley, Jr. stopped in to chat about construction on his new home and his recent web series about the project.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Installing outdoor carpet on a concrete porch.
- Problem with rot in walls of leaking basement.
- Using recycled insulation in an attic.
- Problem with painted tile not drying.
- How to remove soap scum from glass shower doors.
- Installing a rain diverter on the side of a roof.
- How to clean deck and apply finish that will last.
- Applying self-adhesive vinyl tile over a linoleum floor.
- How to coat a rusty roof on a manufactured home.
- Insulating old copper pipes embedded in a concrete slab.
- Problem with a wide gap between siding and slab.
- How to remove oil stains on an asphalt driveway.
- Painting asphalt shingles a different color.
- How to fill low spots in a concrete garage floor.
- Installing an attic exhaust fan bigger than the gable vent.
- Whether to seal tile grout on floors that remain dry.
- Laying outside corners on block retaining walls.
- What to look for when buying a hammer.
- Problem with latches not working on return air grill.
- How to turn off the power to a range hood.