Here are some of the highlights from the October 5, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Whether to have heating/cooling ducts professionally cleaned.
- Installing a convection oven/microwave inside an existing oven.
- Do you need to clean out gutters that have gutter guard over them.
- How to ventilate house to prevent mold and mildew from forming.
- Removing carpet glued to vinyl that has asbestos in it.
- How to paint over yellowing fiberglass shower stall walls.
- Problem with sweating air conditioner ductwork under house.
- How to insulate the floor under a crawl space.
- Cleaning mold and mildew off stucco window sills.
- How to clean a stained concrete floor without hurting the finish.
- Whether to install a permeable driveway or pavers.
- How to repair a small crack in a driveway.
- Stopping a squeaking upstairs floor under carpeting.
- Problem with new laminate floor buckling.
- How to repair or replace rotting wood on picture windows.
- Do sonic mole repellents in the yard really work.
- Problem with low water pressure in bathroom sink.
- How to fill cracks in basement walls to keep out moisture.
- Best type light bulb for natural light in a bathroom.
- Problem with patio starting to sink on one side.