Here are some of the highlights from the October 4, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Christa O’Leary, founder and CEO of Home in Harmony Lifestyle talks about hot trends in décor for the 2014 Fall Season.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a prize package from Duck Brand Weatherization.
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420, leave your name and phone number and say, “Get the Duck to Do It!” Winner will be picked by random drawing. Prize includes:
- Roll-On Window Kit
- Attic Stairway Cover
- Double Draft Seal
- Triple Draft Seal
- Socket Sealers
Plus, all our callers this week receive the new Worry-Free Smoke Alarm from Kidde featuring a 10-year sealed battery.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to seal the gap at the bottom of a garage door on uneven concrete.
- Problem with screw anchors on iron gate pulling out of brick wall.
- How to get rid of bats in the attic.
- Tips on how to stain a new wood fence white.
- The solution to keeping mold and mildew from growing in a bathroom.
- How to deter raccoons and rodents from your fall garden.
- Possible reasons for a tankless water heater to not function correctly.
- Dealing with moisture issues in a home that can cause nail pops.
- How to paint vinyl siding successfully.
- Removing tar paper and its residue from hardwood floors.
- How to safely paint house trim on a two-story house with a steeply pitched roof.
- How to mount a ceiling fan securely.
- Problem with thermostat mounted on wall near attic door.