Here are some of the highlights from the October 26, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Problem with gap under garage door when closed suddenly.
- How to repair burn marks on plastic laminate countertops.
- Problem with water leaking through basement walls.
- How to remove stain from a redwood picnic table.
- Ways to reduce allergy problems inside a home.
- Problem with roof leak between chimney and covered deck.
- How to store an unused hot water heater.
- Whether to replace all or part of a roof.
- Connecting galvanized to copper water pipes to prevent electrolysis.
- Finding new tile to match cracked floor tile.
- Whether to buy a house which has a repaired foundation.
- Benefits of installing a central vacuum system.
- Whether to vent a clothes dryer in the crawl space under the house.
- Do porch columns need to be attached at the top and bottom.
- Whether to insulate a range hood vent pipe.
- How to repair damage to a paver patio caused by tree roots.
- Problem with tightening toilet flange bolts.
- Whether to drill holes in solid eave soffit for venting.
- Using a particle board subfloor under a ceramic tile floor.
- Can rain diverters be installed on a torch down type flat roof.
- How to attach a handrail to concrete steps.