Here are some of the highlights from the October 25, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Great Giveaways of the Week
This week a listener will win the following prize package from Duck Brand Weatherization:
- Roll-On Window Kit
- Attic Stairway Cover
- Double Draft Seal
- Triple Draft Seal
- Socket Sealers
To be eligible call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420, leave your name and phone number and say, “Get the Duck to Do It!” One winner will be picked by random drawing.
In addition, a listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Problem with musty smell in walk-in closet and mold in attic.
- What to consider when installing aluminum or vinyl siding on your home.
- How to protect windows with security bars from hurricane damage.
- Preventing condensation from dripping off aluminum porch awning in cold weather.
- How to remove paint from hinges on a 100-year-old house.
- Problem with fireplace flue damper not staying closed.
- Installing fence posts securely so they won’t lean over time.
- How to repair a broken corner on a granite countertop.
- Problem with linoleum floors being too slippery.
- How to drain downspouts and low spot in yard 70′ away from house.
- Tips to lower heating bills this winter.
- Dealing with mold on floor joists and subfloor in crawlspace under house.
- Installing a peep hole in a hollow core door.