Here are some of the highlights from the October 13, 2012, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Jodi Marks dropped by to share tips on fireplace cleaning and maintenance so you’ll be ready to use your fireplace safely when cold weather arrives.
Danny and Amy discussed ladder safety tips for around your home.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week, five lucky listeners will win a Special Edition, 15th Season Today’s Homeowner Tumbler!
To be eligible to win, simply call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 1-800-946-4420 and ask your home improvement question or ask your question online on our website.
Five questions will be selected in a random drawing and the winners will each receive one of our great glasses!
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Whether to lay a paver patio over a tree stump.
- How to remove glue stains from wood flooring.
- Preventing slipping on a metal handicap ramp.
- Installing cement backer board over a particle board subfloor.
- Removing traces of green paint from heart pine flooring.
- How to secure a dishwasher to a granite countertop.
- Plywood thickness needed for granite tile countertop. (see answer)
- How to reduce noise traveling through walls.
- Whether to remove or cover over vinyl flooring.
- Problem with lights in recessed fixtures burning out.
- Installing laminate flooring over a tile floor. (see answer)
- Whether to fix or teardown a house with a rotten foundation.
- How to prevent mold and fungus in a crawlspace. (see answer)
- Removing oatmeal from a stainless steel kettle.
- How to keep stain from fading on a metal garage door.
- Installing granite tile over a plastic laminate countertop.
- How to repair leaking hot water heater fittings.
- Adding an exhaust fan to an attic that has ridge vents. (see answer)