Here are some of the highlights from the May 17, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Installing a ceramic tile floor over a cracked concrete slab.
- Problem with hardwood floor cupping due to low humidity in house.
- How to prevent raised rocks in patio from hurting bare feet.
- Putting more attic insulation over existing paper vapor barrier.
- How to insulate walls without removing the drywall or siding.
- Installing new roof shingles over the existing roofing.
- How to remove old caulking around a bathtub when recaulking.
- Installing GFCI electrical outlets in a home without a ground wire.
- How to remove old worn paint on a deck.
- Deciding whether to buy a portable or whole house generator.
- Problem with painted wallpaper over drywall peeling.
- How to remove dirt and grime from an indoor stair banister.
- Installing a wall type dryer vent cover on a roof.
- Does installing a tile backsplash make a good DIY project.
- Installing a lightweight concrete roof on existing roof framing.
- Problem with rainwater runoff from neighbor’s carport roof.