Here are some of the highlights from the March 9, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Lawn and garden writer Julie Day-Jones discussed traditional vs. raised bed gardening.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to repair a rocking toilet.
- Removing stains from a shower.
- How to fix leaks in gutters.
- Preventing water spots on a tile floor.
- How to make glass exterior doors more secure.
- Installing vinyl floor tiles on a wall.
- How to increase the amount of water when flushing a toilet.
- What are the pros and cons of metal roofs.
- How to tell if crumbling house foundation is serious or cosmetic.
- Installing a garage door on a sloping concrete slab.
- How to repair settling concrete entry steps.
- Problem with insects entering house through cracks in siding.
- What size air compressor is needed for light duty work.
- Problem with hard to remove pop-up sink drain.
- How to remove brick pavers from a kitchen floor.
- Problem with moisture in insulated glass windows.
- What type of paint to use to paint vinyl shutters.
- Problem with dark paneling bleeding through white paint.