Here are some of the highlights from the March 29, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to bring back the shine on wood floors.
- Filling grooves in wood paneling with joint compound.
- Installing a recirculating pump on hot water lines.
- Using 1/4″ plywood as underlayment for linoleum.
- Building a decorative shelf corner cabinet in a wall.
- Applying more clear coat over Giani countertop paint.
- How to stop squeaks in carpet and tile floors.
- Sanding cedar siding for painting.
- Installing drywall on cracked plaster ceiling.
- Which projects to tackle first in whole house remodel.
- How to mark wall for shelf with hidden screw holes.
- Problem with hardwood floor near dishwasher buckling.
- How to paint textured popcorn ceilings.
- Is green corrosion on copper pipes a problem.
- How to cover crawlspace with plastic.
- Problem with caulking shrinking as it dries.
- Sanding and painting oak cabinets for a smooth finish.
- Using push on plumbing fitting on a shower valve.
- How to remove outdoor carpet on concrete porch.
- Problem with settling house foundation.
- Dealing with copper water pipes embedded in slab.
- Problem with concrete patio not draining properly.