Here are some of the highlights from the June 28, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Interior designer Robbin Kuenzie joined us to discuss the difference between an interior designer and a decorator.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to reduce cracking when pouring a new concrete driveway.
- Problem with air conditioner not cooling some of the rooms in house.
- How to stop hardwood floors from squeaking.
- Problem with moisture between panes in insulated glass windows.
- How to transition differing laminate floor heights between rooms.
- Using sheet vinyl as wainscoting, and how to install it.
- Applying sandstone masonry paint to outdoor metal furniture.
- Does granite countertop paint hold up over time.
- Will replacing a driveway harm large trees nearby.
- How to replace a push button tub drain with a standard tub drain.
- Problem with primer on kitchen cabinets still tacky after drying a week.
- Using Wet & Forget to kill mold on a window air conditioning unit.
- Installing wood framed walls over rigid foam in a basement wall.
- How to replace door jambs which have a groove for weatherstripping.
- How to protect stair treads to keep dogs from damaging the finish.
- Preventing grout from becoming dirty or stained on a tile countertop.
- Problem with a wood entry door swelling and sticking in humid weather.
- How to improve hard soil in yard by adding topsoil.