Here are some of the highlights from the June 14, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to fix a damaged OSB subfloor without removing tile.
- Whether to buy or rent a pressure washer to clean your home.
- How to remove a soap dish cemented to a tile bathroom wall.
- Problem with handle on toilet being difficult to push.
- How to hang shelves on a concrete block wall.
- What’s the best type of stain or paint to use on a fence.
- How to hold area rugs in place to prevent “walking.”
- Bricking in a sunny picture window to reduce heat gain.
- How to till and replant a yard without killing the frogs that live there.
- Can you glue down laminate flooring to keep it from sounding hollow.
- How to remove outdoor carpet adhesive from concrete steps.
- Whether to install vinyl tiles over an existing vinyl floor.
- Redoing the crown on a brick chimney.
- How to clean dirt off of stucco siding.
- Problem with paint peeling on recently painted bathroom walls.
- How to install wall tile over a textured wall in a bathroom.
- Removing cat urine from a stainless steel oven door.
- How to level a subfloor before installing wood flooring.
- Do wall cracks around window and door corners indicate settling.
- Which makes a better driveway, concrete or asphalt.
- How to fish speaker wires across a room in a two-story house.
- Whether to use a gel stain on an exterior wood deck.
- How to keep squirrels away from a bird feeder.