Here are some of the highlights from the June 1, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Supermodel Kathy Ireland talked about the latest offering in home improvement from Kathy Ireland World Wide.
Lawn and garden enthusiast, Julie Day-Jones discussed “haircut time” for shrubs and lawns.
Easy Cleaning Tip for Grimy Pots & Pans
To clean grease and grime off pots and pans:
- Put the cookware in a large plastic bag.
- Apply household ammonia to newspaper or paper towels.
- Place the ammonia infused paper in the bag with the cookware.
- Seal up the bag, and leave it for a day or two.
- Remove the cookware from the bag and wash before using.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Nontoxic textured ceiling repair.
- Problem with loose tiles on a concrete slab floor.
- Painting over tile adhesive with epoxy paint.
- Preventing sewer gas from coming up unused drain trap.
- Whether to finish a stained outdoor bench.
- How to fill low spots in an asphalt driveway.
- Building a raised flower bed over landscaping stones.
- How to prime plastic laminate cabinets for painting.
- Installing a paddle fan in place of a ceiling light fixture.
- Cleaning pots and pans with ammonia.
- Resurfacing a cobblestone walkway with concrete.
- How to reset a garbage disposal that stopped working.
- Preventing mold and mildew on concrete block house walls.
- How to remove mold from roof shingles.
- Keeping rusty nails from bleeding through exterior paint.
- How to protect a weathered wood deck.
- Does venting an attic increase heating costs in winter.
- How to clean spots on a ceiling.
- Installing bricks to deflect rainwater running off roof.
- Repairing fogged double-pane window glass.