Here are some of the highlights from the July 6, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Lawn and garden writer and enthusiast, Julie Day-Jones discussed dealing with summer heat, flooding, and snakes in your yard.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to insulate between roof rafters in an attic addition.
- Installing 24’ long floor joists without support from below.
- Problem with rust on steel bathroom ceiling support beam.
- Preventing outside air from entering a microwave vent pipe.
- Whether to keep crawl space vents under a house open or closed.
- Problem with cracking brick column in garage.
- What cleaners are safe to use on painted bathroom tile.
- Drainage problem from a driveway sloping toward the house.
- How to remove stain from a cedar deck and refinish it.
- Whether to paint bathroom tile that stay wet.
- How to seal outside concrete steps to prevent dust.
- Matching floor thickness in a manufactured mobile home.
- How to replace a noisy bathroom vent fan without attic access.
- Whether to lay engineered wood flooring over a concrete kitchen slab.
- How to paint wood paneling.
- Installing crown molding in a room that has a textured popcorn ceiling.
- How to lay patio pavers over a concrete patio.
- Whether to tile a kitchen floor before or after installing new cabinets.
- Applying a textured coating to walls that have wallpaper adhesive.
- How far can you install a dishwasher from the sink.
- Mounting heavy bookcases on a wall.
- How to remove rust stains from a porcelain bathtub.
- Whether to trust a home inspection that was paid for by the owner.