Here are some of the highlights from the January 4, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to smooth out a swirled, textured ceiling.
- Problem with stains on ceiling caused by moisture.
- Drywall joints in ICF (Insulated Concrete Form) walls cracking.
- How to prevent dogs from damaging door weatherstripping.
- Is spray foam insulation safe from termite damage.
- Are hot water recirculating pumps economical to use.
- How to remove paint from kitchen cabinets.
- Problem with water from outside in bathroom vent fans.
- Sealing ducts with foil tape, silicone caulk, and duct mastic.
- How to keep the corner of a garage foundation from sinking.
- Will metal base plates under columns prevent the wood from splitting.
- Problem with rainwater draining down driveway into garage.
- How to seal baseboards to keep cold air out.
- Problem with undermined soil on concrete driveway.
- How to add a folding extension to an island countertop.
- Problem with gap around heating/cooling return vent.
- What temperature to set thermostat in winter when out of town.