Here are some of the highlights from the January 25, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Stuccoing over brick veneer on the outside of a house.
- How to repair corroded pipe threads on a pipe in a wall.
- Dyeing a white carpet a darker color.
- Whether to install storm windows during wet, winter weather.
- Problem with 3/8” gap between new granite countertop and wall.
- Is it OK to wait a week before completing an indoor painting project.
- Can a wood burning fireplace be converted to ventless gas logs.
- How to attach a wood molding to a ceramic tile countertop.
- Problem with strong odor from gas fireplace when running.
- Water heater temperature pressure relief valve leaking around threads.
- Problem with gutter clips causing bulge in asphalt roof.
- How to repair peeling paint on a plaster ceiling.
- Is a thermal break in the attic between house and carport needed.
- Problem with front porch floor sweating during winter.
- How to keep modular home ceiling seam from splitting open in winter.
- Problem with wood back porch flooring buckling.
- How to remove dark stain around a bathroom sink drain.
- Problem with wallpaper on paneled wall peeling.
- How to remove peeling epoxy coating on ceramic tile shower.
- Does an electrostatic HVAC air filter help with allergies.
- Problem with recurring leak around chimney on slate roof.
- How to stop water from dripping into washer.
- Are electrician and plumber needed to install whole house generator.
- How to remove glue on drywall after paneling was removed.