Here are some of the highlights from the January 11, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to add insulation to walls of house that has aluminum siding.
- Do wooden porch columns need to be attached to the porch floor.
- How difficult is it to replace the windows on a brick house.
- What’s the best insulation to use on a house built in the 1960s.
- Repairing wood fence gates that won’t open and close properly.
- Is aluminum or fiberglass screen better for a screened door.
- How to adjust a deadbolt that no longer fits into the strike plate.
- Where to buy vinyl lattice molding for your home.
- How to attach a bookcase to a poured concrete basement wall.
- Central heating unit doesn’t blow out warm air under 30 degrees.
- How to remove dry grout from mosaic tile.
- Problem with hatch to basement that was cut over main support beam.
- How to solve moisture problem in attic.
- Removing support columns in basement while installing new flooring.
- Whether to jack up an old house to level the floors, or leave it as is.
- How to insulate a basement.
- Will spray painting inside house damage floors and HVAC system.
- How to splice wiring to a light fixture in the ceiling.
- Removing flooring that contains asbestos.
- Adding an outside vent to a ductless range hood.
- Problem with unpleasant odor coming from hot water heater.