Here are some of the highlights from the February 23, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Master plumber Ed del Grande answered an email in Straight from the Pros.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- What’s the best type of roofing for a low slope roof.
- Problems with mildew forming on silicone caulking.
- Is it safe to install a heat lamp bulb in a bathroom light fixture.
- How to clean stains on a bathtub that’s been reglazed.
- Tips for turning a garage into a master bedroom.
- What R-Value insulation to install under a floor.
- Best type of wood to use for making exterior shutters.
- How to remove glued down cement backer board from a subfloor.
- Can you use an undermount sink on plastic laminate countertops.
- How to drill into ceramic tile without cracking it.
- Problem with water leaking through a basement wall.
- DIY vs. professionally installed home security alarm systems.
- Installing a check valve in the sewage line to prevent backups.
- Problem with condensation forming on aluminum windows.
- Are electric tankless hot water heaters expensive to operate.
- Problem with smoky smell in house from fireplace.
- How to remove sand mixed paint wall finish.
- Laying laminate flooring on a cracked concrete slab.
- How to remove grills from French doors.
- Installing faced insulation over blown insulation in an attic.
- How to paint over a deck that’s been stained.
- Which way to rotate paddle ceiling fans in winter and summer.
- How to remove mold between pavers on a patio.