Here are some of the highlights from the February 22, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Comedian Tom Cotter, from last season’s America’s Got Talent, paid us a visit.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Improving the look of broken slate tile that was replaced with cement.
- Whether to leave lithium-ion battery in cordless tool when not in use.
- How to remove dry paint from a paintbrush.
- Using grout stain on 1960s plastic wall tile.
- Problem with water dripping from bath vent fan in winter.
- Does foam or fiberglass roof insulation cause ice dams.
- Installing wood paneling in a bathroom.
- How to fix a sinking paver stone patio.
- Problem with deteriorating bricks on porch steps.
- How to stop rainwater from dripping through 2nd story deck.
- Whether to wear a dust mask when cutting pressure treated wood.
- Is it OK to have two fireplaces going at the same time.
- How to replace crumbling bricks on a chimney.
- Whether to run a portable generator in an open carport.
- How to brighten up the color of bricks on a brick house.
- Keeping mice from entering vinyl siding walls.
- How to insulate old building that has two-layer brick walls.
- What coating to use to refinish a painted metal roof.
- How to prevent ice dams on a house with attic bedrooms.
- What to look for when hiring a handyman.
- How to reduce excessive dust inside a house.
- Problem with musty smell in house during winter and summer.
- How to adjust the fit and reduce gaps on entry doors.
- Removing green deposits on copper water pipes.
- Problem with mold on bathroom ceiling.
- Low odor product to refinish indoor brick floors.