Here are some of the highlights from the December 8, 2012, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Jodi Marks shared outdoor decorating ideas for the holidays.
Danny, Allen, and Amy offered some Holiday Home Safety Tips.
Great Giveaway of the Week
Three lucky listeners will win the new Matrix tool system from Black & Decker.
To qualify for the random drawing, ask a home improvement question by either:
- Calling the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 1-800-946-4420
- Submitting it on our website at 184.108.40.206/~todaysk5/ask
- Ask your question on our Facebook page
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Painting plastic laminate particle board furniture.
- How to determine how many tile are needed to cover a floor.
- Whether to close vents under a manufactured home in winter.
- How to stop water hammer in plumbing pipes.
- What are the differences in standby whole house generators.
- Safety concerns with ventless heaters.
- How to paint a plastic outdoor nativity set that lights up.
- Problem with a slippery shower stall floor.
- How to replace a rusted out metal crawlspace door frame.
- Problem with peeling paint on a concrete driveway.
- How to change the location of a door in a bedroom.
- Sealing leaking basement walls from the inside.
- Threads leaking on hot water heater pressure relief valve.
- Problem with spackling showing through painted wood trim.
- How to seal brick walls to keep rainwater out.
- Removing quarter-round molding when tiling over a tile floor.
- How to blow in insulation to keep from blocking vents.
- Rejuvenating dull polyurethane floor that was cleaned with bleach.
- How to paint over a stained wood entry door.
- Type of underlayment needed for bathroom wall and floor tile.
- How to space spindles on a deck.