Here are some of the highlights from the December 15, 2012, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Producer Amy Hughes has some tips to help you battle the winter time blues.
Great Giveaway of the Week
Three lucky listeners will win the new Matrix tool system from Black & Decker.
To qualify for the random drawing, ask a home improvement question by either:
- Calling the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 1-800-946-4420
- Submitting it on our website at 188.8.131.52/~todaysk5/ask
- Ask your question on our Facebook page
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Tips to make the finish on a porch floor last longer.
- How to remove wallpaper from walls.
- Cleaning leaves from behind a rain diverter from the ground.
- How to repair water damaged textured popcorn ceiling.
- Problems with turning the heat off in a vacation home during the winter.
- How to replace plastic laminate on a kitchen countertop.
- Tiling a concrete slab porch floor.
- Problem with water odor from new bathroom faucet.
- How to attach a large mirror to a dresser.
- Adding gas stabilizer to tank when winterizing lawn mower.
- How to drain a water heater that’s in an attic.
- Problem with settling concrete slab on garage floor and driveway.
- Whether to mount double pane sliding door glass sideways.
- Removing stamped ink labels from wood decking.
- Applying sealer over a painted garage floor.
- Best primer to use on unfinished bathroom vanity cabinet.
- Whether to strip polyurethane from entry door before painting.
- Problem with bubbles in linoleum floor.
- Can household ingredients deter rodents.
- Whether to nail or float engineered and laminate flooring.