Here are some of the highlights from the December 14, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Improving energy efficiency of single pane aluminum frame window.
- How to remove fingernail polish from carpeting and rugs.
- Protecting drywall from moisture from aluminum frame windows.
- How to install vinyl floor tiles by entry door in carpeted room.
- Keeping cold air from infiltrating through walls in older house.
- How to clean water spots on glass shower doors.
- Which makes a better kitchen floor, vinyl tile or sheet vinyl.
- How to paint brick indoors.
- Is a gas fireplace an economical way of heating a room.
- Problem with paint not adhering to drywall.
- Whether to use oil-based or latex primer on pressure treated wood.
- Should crawlspace vents be open or closed in the winter.
- Removing a backsplash before painting the countertop.
- Transition between hardwood and floor with removed carpet.
- Problem with water hammer in pipes when turn off faucets.
- Best, easiest, and least expensive way to refinish hardwood floors.
- Using thin-set adhesive been subfloor and cement backerboard.
- Whether to use a floating laminate floor in a kitchen.
- Applying a coat of satin polyurethane over semi-gloss.
- How to refinish Pickwick pine without yellowing.
- Venting an over the range microwave through a roof turbine.
- Whether to install attic insulation with or without a vapor barrier.
- How to hang pictures on cement board walls.
- What direction should a paddle ceiling fan turn in the winter.
- Is an attic that’s freezing in winter and hot in summer a problem.