Here are some of the highlights from the August 9, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Filling in a sunken living room with concrete.
- Using polycarbonate panels as a patio roof covering.
- Can wood floors be refinished one section at a time.
- How to pour a concrete patio slab during hot weather.
- Natural spring allowing moisture into a house.
- Whether to reuse blocks on the bottom row of retaining wall.
- How to tighten the miter joint in a plastic laminate countertop.
- Repairing damaged sidelights around entry door.
- How to prevent solar heat from coming through a garage door.
- Which water saving method is best for watering outdoors.
- Replacing old attic insulation to cool an upstairs bedroom.
- Painting a metal shower surround with appliance epoxy paint.
- Using gable vent fans to cool down a hot attic.
- Problem with runoff from neighbor’s built-up yard.
- Painting concrete block basement walls to prevent moisture.
- Problem with odor from recently primed bathroom walls.
- How to repair a steep concrete driveway damaged by salt.
- Installing beadboard over a faux brick wall in kitchen.
- How to remove green moss from a roof.
- Replacing or repairing rotten exposed rafters on eave.
- Which way to face paper vapor barrier on wall insulation.