Here are some of the highlights from the August 31, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Problem with recurring rotten soffit and fascia eave boards.
- Applying faux granite finish to solid surface countertops.
- How to remove small, brown spots on vinyl siding.
- Problem with nails in subfloor coming through vinyl flooring.
- How to prevent odor from coming out of shower drain.
- Installing a safety grab bar in a tile shower stall.
- Which is better latex or silicone caulk, and is silicone caulk paintable.
- How to screen a patio, and what kind of screening to use.
- What is a good anti-skid product to apply to a shower floor.
- How to stop a basement from leaking during heavy rains.
- Removing grease from kitchen cabinets and textured ceiling.
- How to paint over worn polyurethane finish on kitchen cabinets.
- Repairing plastic laminate on cabinet doors that’s coming loose.
- Whether to open windows daily to let fresh air into a home.
- Problem with pitting in older fiberglass tub bottom.
- Best low maintenance mulch to use in a flower bed.
- Problem with light bulbs in outdoor breezeway burning out.
- How to patch a concrete floor in a crawlspace.
- What is the cause of small holes in the yard.
- How to fix an old water stain on a ceiling.
- Whether to replace smaller soffit vents with larger ones.
- Spraying foam insulation under the floor over a crawlspace.
- Can a nail gun be used to install fiber cement siding.
- Problem with grout cracking on a ceramic tile floor.