Here are some of the highlights from the August 30, 2014, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How long to wait before applying stain or sealer to a new wood fence.
- Is it OK to use pressure treated wood for the eaves of a house.
- Whether to use latex primer when painting steel.
- Is asbestos found in textured ceiling of a house built in 2006.
- How to paint dark paneling in a family room.
- Can HardiePlank fiber cement siding be painted.
- How to prevent moisture in a basement room.
- Removing stain from stained concrete.
- Is the paint on a 100-year-old door dangerous to your health.
- Problem with sink hole in backyard not covered by insurance.
- How to deal with neighbors who are encroaching on yard.
- Problem with grout turning different shades of color.
- How to repair large cracks in an asphalt driveway.
- What to look for when choosing a power pressure washer.
- Problem with water in toilet bowl disappearing.
- What barrier to use between the subfloor and finished floor.
- Problem with the stain on a wood floor not drying properly.