Here are some of the highlights from the August 3, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Problem with cicada killers taking over yard.
- How to remove iron stains on vinyl siding.
- Problem with steep sidewalk and steps.
- How to install linoleum over a tile floor.
- Problem with chips and pits in new granite countertop.
- Adding a budget backyard sitting area for husband.
- Problem with upstairs doors that won’t close.
- Dealing with overflow from gutter downspouts.
- Problem with white spots on refinished cabinets.
- Should attic gable vent fan blow in our out for ventilation.
- How to layout paver design for a patio paver.
- Problem with keeping trees in steep area of yard trimmed.
- Using pumice to clean a porcelain toilet.
- How to remove nails to replace water damaged siding.
- Painting plastic laminate cabinets.
- How to care for a resin birdbath in the yard.
- Tiling over old floor tiles that might contain asbestos.
- How long to wait after tiling a kitchen to install appliances.
- Fitting bifold doors to nonstandard closet door openings.
- How to clean window screens that can’t be removed.
- What paint to use to paint a logo on a cinder block wall.
- Installing recessed light fixtures in a manufacturer home.