Here are some of the highlights from the August 17, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Using tile underlayment membrane on cracked concrete slab.
- Where to find bathroom vent fan with humidity sensor.
- How much weight will a 1/3 hp garage door dumbwaiter lift.
- Whether to use 15 or 30 pound felt under asphalt shingles.
- How to remove moss from an asphalt shingle roof.
- Sealing brick steps to keep water out and prevent cracking.
- How to add texture to prevent slipping on a slick concrete patio.
- Whether to leave dropdown attic stairs in garage open to cool attic.
- Problem with bulging drywall nails in house.
- What underlayment to use on a metal roof.
- Problem with reoccurring black mold on patio.
- How to clean tile grout.
- Whether to remove bark on cedar logs used for fence posts.
- How to ripen peaches on broken branch.
- Problem with burn mark on plastic laminate countertop.
- How to prevent unwanted garage door lock access.
- Problem with stripped screws on heating/cooling ceiling vents.
- Why did termite damage stop on beam in Danny’s bathroom.
- Problem with wood grain showing through painted cabinets.
- How to vent an attic that doesn’t have soffit vents.
- Determining if a plywood subfloor is sturdy enough for tile.
- What’s the best temperature range when painting outdoors.
- How to repair a cracked inside corner on drywall.
- Removing old black adhesive from subfloor.