Here are some of the highlights from the August 10, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- Which way to face insulation vapor barrier between attic and garage.
- How long to wait to replant lawn after applying herbicide.
- Crumbling grout between countertop and tile backsplash.
- Leaving heart pine floors unfinished for months before staining.
- Problem with excess heat and UV rays from skylights.
- How to remove white water stains from a colored concrete patio.
- Problem with numerous small cracks in a house.
- Will landscape fabric and gravel in planting beds cause soil problems.
- How to keep monkey grass from spreading into flower beds.
- Water leaking through crack in concrete block garage wall.
- How to remove black algae roof stains without going up on the roof.
- Do radiant insulation barriers in the attic really work.
- What to use to add more insulation on top of blown-in attic insulation.
- HVAC system causing uneven heating and cooling distribution.
- How to seal cracks in cellar walls to prevent water leakage.
- Does adding an electrical wall outlet make a good DIY project.
- How to fill and level cracks in a covered concrete breezeway.
- Whether to prime hardboard siding before painting.
- How to grow grass on sandy soil.
- Problem with fisheyes when refinishing dining table with polyurethane.
- Will hard water deposits form in tankless hot water heaters.
- Problem with electrical wall outlets that stopped working.
- Venting two bathroom fans together through one outside vent.
- Painting ceramic tile in a bathroom.
- How to mount a swinging arm near a tub to hold an iPad when bathing.