Here are some of the highlights from the April 6, 2013, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford radio show.
Guests on This Week’s Show
Lawn and garden writer, Julie Day-Jones talked about unwinterizing your home and how to attract hummingbirds to your yard.
Great Giveaway of the Week
This week some lucky listener will win a Wet & Forget Prize Package that includes:
- 1 gallon of Wet & Forget Outdoor: Wet & Forget Outdoor is the easiest way to eliminate outdoor mold, mildew, moss, lichen, and algae. Wet & Forget Outdoor requires no scrubbing, no rinsing and no pressure washing. Simply apply to any exterior surface and let Wet & Forget Outdoor do the work for you! Wet & Forget Outdoor goes to work with the wind and rain to gently eliminate unsightly growths over time. Wet & Forget Outdoor is non-caustic, non-acidic, and contains no bleach. Therefore, it can be used on any outdoor surface without fading or damaging the surface. Even the most delicate surfaces, such as historical monuments and outdoor fabrics, can be treated with Wet & Forget! To remove tough stains, just spray and walk away!
- 1½ gallons of Wet & Forget Shower: Wet & Forget Shower no-scrub weekly shower spray takes the work out of cleaning your shower. Simply spray Wet & Forget Shower once a week to clean and prevent the build-up of soap scum, grime, oils, mold, and mildew stains. No more scrubbing, no more having to spray every day—like with other spray-on shower cleaners—and no more harsh chemical odors. After you spray Wet & Forget Shower, instead of an eye-stinging cloud of bleach or ammonia odors, you will be left with a sparkling clean shower and a bathroom that smells like it’s just been kissed by a soothing vanilla breeze.
- Wet & Forget cap
To be eligible for this week’s Great Giveaway, call the Today’s Homeowner Hotline at 800-946-4420 or go to Ask Questions on our website and ask your home improvement question.
Questions Answered on This Week’s Show
- How to repair a burn mark on a vinyl kitchen floor.
- Painting a textured popcorn ceiling black.
- How to repair a crack in a wall.
- Measuring for when hanging a plate on a wall.
- How to paint over a painted metal roof.
- Keeping a bathroom drain from clogging with hair.
- How to remove a granite tile backsplash.
- Problem with a slippery shower due to sealer.
- Whether to install cement backer board before tiling floor.
- How long to make the vent pipe for a bathroom vent fan.
- Are keyless entry locks really safe.
- Tiling over a concrete block basement shower.
- How to pour a concrete driveway.
- Installing insulation batts over blown insulation.
- How to install hardwood flooring so it’s square with a room.
- Do you need to prime a new FRP door before painting.
- How to add soffit vents to eaves.
- Are painted floors durable enough for kids.
- How to finish exterior wood steps.
- Using wall primer for the finish coat.
- How to remove hardened drywall compound from wood.